“I knew that the Endeavour Awards were one of the most prestigious scholarships of the Australian Government.” Phan Manh Ha, Vietnam
The Endeavour Postgraduate Awards provide financial support for international students for up to 3 years to undertake a postgraduate qualification at a Masters or PhD level either by coursework or research in any field of study in Australia.
The Endeavour Postgraduate Awards aim to:
- enable high achieving international students to undertake a postgraduate qualification either by coursework or research in their chosen field of study in Australia
- strengthen bilateral ties between Australia and the participating countries
- showcase Australia’s education sector
- strengthen mutual understanding between the people of Australia and Award Holders’ home countries
- build international linkages and networks.
|Monthly Stipend (up to 3 years on a pro-rata basis)||
|Tuition Fees per semester (for up to 3 years)**||
Up to $AUD10,000
|Total Award Value||
Up to $AUD158,500
*Funding is available for up to 2 years for a Masters degree and up to 3 years for PhD courses.
** Tuition fees will be paid up to a maximum of $AUD40,000 for Masters degrees and a maximum of $AUD60,000 for PhD courses.
Funding will be provided to cover the cost of standard Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award.
Travel insurance will be provided.
Funds are not available to support accompanying dependants or for return visits to the home country.
In addition to the financial benefits the Endeavour Postgraduate Awards also include:
- A dedicated support network for the duration of the Award.
- Membership of the Alumni Network.
Up to 80 Awards will be offered to applicants from participating countries with at least
- 40 Awards dedicated to Masters degree applicants
- 40 Awards dedicated to PhD applicants.
To be eligible for an Endeavour Postgraduate Award, applicants must:
- be citizens or permanent residents of a participating country and reside in a country other than Australia. Those holding dual Australian citizenship or permanent residency status in Australia are ineligible to apply.
- have a completed undergraduate degree that demonstrates high academic achievement
- demonstrate English language proficiency
- have applied for and gained admission to a Masters or PhD course in Australia for 2009 (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application). Information on Australian universities and courses can be found at http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/
- Award holders must commence their approved program and Award during 2009. Applicants who have commenced or intend to commence their program at their host institution in 2008 are ineligible for an Award.
Applications will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
- a record of high-level academic achievement in the applicant’s chosen field of study
- a well defined study or research program
- a proposal that is relevant to the needs and interests of Australia and the applicant’s home country
- the applicant’s potential to foster ongoing collaboration and cooperation with Australia and potential to participate at a high level in the academic or wider community in their home country on return from Australia.